NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. GAME: This Athlon Sports Pro Football Experts Club Game (the "Game") begins with the commencement of the Registration Period at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on August 4, 2014 and continues through 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 11, 2015 (the “Game Period”). THIS GAME IS DEVISED AS A SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE-BASED NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION, and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. From all eligible and valid entries received in connection with the Game, one (1) winner will be determined, as set out in paragraph 4 below, based on the Game participant’s ability to apply his/her skill and knowledge concerning the game of football, professional football players and professional football teams to select winning teams and predict scores during the 2014 professional football season. Participation in the Game is described, regulated and clarified by, and wholly subject to, the provisions of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only to individuals who, as of the beginning of the Registration Period (as defined below), (a) are legally residing, for purposes of all applicable state and federal tax laws, in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia ("Eligibility Area"), and (b) are eighteen (18) years of age or older and the age of majority in the state of residence. The Game is VOID outside of the Eligibility Area and where otherwise taxed, prohibited or restricted. Employees and directors of Athlon Sports Communications, Inc., d/b/a Athlon Media Group (“Athlon” or “Sponsor”) and each of its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, the immediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent or so-called “step” or “half’ variations of any of the preceding individuals), and those living in their same households, are ineligible to play, win or collect prizes in the Game. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, who validly and properly register for the Game as set out in paragraph 3 below, may participate in the Game or win a prize (“Players”). One entry per person or email address. Additional entries from any individual using different email addresses will be disqualified and destroyed. Each Player is required to indicate his/her acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated; provided, however, that any Player’s Registration or participation in the Game constitutes and is deemed such Player’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sponsor and any third-party judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Players agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Game and/or these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: At any time between 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on August 4, 2014 and the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below) on December 28, 2014 (the “Registration Period”), each Player must visit athlonsports.com/propicks (the “Site”), and follow the registration instructions to register for the Game and acquire access to the Game portion of the Site (“Registration”). In connection with such Registration, each Player will select a unique user name and password, which shall be used by such Player in connection with Player’s Game play. Player may also be asked to complete a short survey. Each Player shall indicate his/her acceptance of these Official Rules, and provide the information requested in the official entry form, which includes Player’s name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number and certain other information requested by Sponsor. Each Player may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails from Sponsor, its affiliates and/or authorized agents. Completing the survey and consenting to receive promotional e-mails are optional and refusal to consent will not render any Player ineligible to play the Game or win prizes or affect or reduce any Player’s chances of winning. Limit one (1) Registration per person or email address.
4. HOW TO PLAY/ACCRUE POINTS & WIN PRIZES: The Game will consist of seventeen (17) rounds of play (“Rounds”) in which Players will have the opportunity to predict winning teams and scores from a list of professional football games that are provided for each Round. To play the Game, at any time prior to the expiration of the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below), Player will log-in to the Site and fully complete one (1) entry for such Round (“Round Entry”) by (i) selecting the team that Player thinks will win each football game matchup listed (each, a “Predicted Team”), and (ii) predicting the actual combined final point score total (the “Predicted Score”) for the football game designated for such purpose (the “Bonus Game”); provided, however, that Players submitting Round Entries after the commencement of any Round will only have the opportunity to select Predicted Teams and/or the Predicted Score for the listed football games that remain completely “un-played” as of the time of such Player’s submission of his/her Round Entry (“Eligible Game[s]”). Round Entries must be submitted electronically prior to the final official scheduled “start” or “kick-off” time for the Eligible Game(s) that are scheduled last-in-time for the applicable Round (the “Round Entry Deadline”). The clock on Athlon’s database server shall be the official timekeeper for this Game. In connection with a Round Entry, Player will receive one hundred (100) points for each Predicted Team designated in Player’s Round Entry that matches an actual winning team from the Eligible Games (a “Winning Team”), and, in the event that Player selected the correct Winning Team for the Bonus Game, Player will receive additional bonus points in an amount equal to one hundred (100) less the “Point Difference.” For purposes of these Official Rules, the “Point Difference” is defined as the numerical difference between Player’s Predicted Score and the actual combined final point total for the applicable Bonus Game (the “Actual Score”). In the event that any Player that has previously participated in any Round or Rounds submits his/her Round Entry after the commencement of a Round, or otherwise fails to submit a Round Entry before the expiration of a Round Entry Deadline, such Player will be assigned “automatic predictions” (“Auto-Picks”) for the applicable Round’s listed football games for which Player is unable to submit his/her predictions. For purposes of the Game, each Auto-Pick will select the visiting team as the Predicted Team for the applicable scheduled games, with the exception of Bonus Games. There are no Auto-Picks for Bonus Games or Bonus Points awarded for Auto-Pick games. Each Player will be assigned Auto-Picks for a maximum of three (3) Rounds during the Game. For purposes of the Game, Player’s cumulative number of points awarded during each Round shall be deemed such Player’s “Total Round Score,” and the cumulative sum of all of Player’s Total Round Scores shall be deemed such Player’s “Total Game Score.” Players may submit only one (1) Round Entry for each Round (provided that Player may change any or all selections contained in a Round Entry any time prior to the submission Round Entry). Additional Round Entries from any individual, using different e-mail addresses or any other system of multiple entries, will be disqualified. Lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected Round Entries are not eligible.
If offered, Players may also accrue additional points by answering a bonus question provided at the time of Round Entry (“Bonus Questions”). Player will receive 100 points (“Bonus Points”) for each correctly answered Bonus Question, which Bonus Points shall be added to the Player’s Total Game Score.
Determining Winners: The Game will have one (1) overall Grand Prize winner (“Winner”). Subject to these Official Rules, the individual Player with the highest Total Game Score upon the conclusion of the Game, as set forth in these Official Rules, will be the Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). Grand Prize Tie-Breaking Procedure: (a) In the event of a tie between Players at the end of the Game, the applicable Grand Prize Winner between such tied Players will be that Player whose Predicted Scores for each Bonus Game is closest to the Actual Scores of such Bonus Game for the greatest number of Bonus Games (based on all Rounds); and (b) If such Players remain tied after the Predicted Score tie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identical entries), the applicable Grand Prize Winner will be that Player demonstrating superior knowledge and confidence by submitting his/her Round Entries at the earliest time, as between the tied Players and based on the actual documented time of Player’s entry as reflected in the Athlon database server, for the greatest number of Rounds. Athlon reserves the right to award equal prizes to any tied Players as long as the sum total of all prizes awarded is equal to the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize designated for that prize.
GRAND PRIZE PRIZE DESCRIPTION ARV
5. ABILITY TO WIN; ODDS: The Game is a game of skill. Each Player’s ability to win depends solely on (1) his/her knowledge of the game of football and professional football history; (2) his/her knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses and both historical and recent performance of competing professional football players and teams; (3) his/her skill and ability to apply his/her knowledge of the above in accurately identifying which professional football teams will win when placed in specific competition with other professional football teams during a particular time in the professional football season; (4) his/her skill in assessing an individual football player’s effectiveness in a specific game and statistically analyze and predict with accuracy the total number of combined yards, passes and touchdowns likely to be earned by football players in any given game; (5) his/her skill in assessing an individual football team’s effectiveness in a specific game and statistically analyze and predict with some accuracy the total number of combined yards, passes and touchdowns likely to be earned by all football players on a team in a specific game against another team; and, (6) the number of eligible Players competing in the Game. The odds of winning any prize depends upon a Player’s selections, and the total number of participating Players and number of valid and eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Upon confirmation of eligibility and execution of requested eligibility and release documents, where legal, Winners will be awarded the prizes described in paragraph 4 above. All prizes will be awarded, if claimed. Prizes may not be combined with any other offer. Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes incurred in winning and accepting any prizes and all other expenses incurred in winning and accepting the prizes. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Winners may receive an IRS 1099 form reporting the value of their prize. By accepting a prize, Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning their prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem the prize. It is the responsibility of Winner to make all necessary arrangements to redeem the prize, including any costs of travel, unless Sponsor otherwise agrees to deliver prize to Winner following identification of Winner and confirmation of eligibility. Any stated ARVs of prizes represent Athlon’s good-faith determination of the value of the prize, which estimation includes a calculation of the retail value plus any applicable service fees, costs, premiums or other additional amounts incurred by Athlon in connection with the procurement and/or awarding of the applicable prize. All Winners will be initially identified, subject to eligibility, no later than on or about seven (7) business days following the date of the last game of the last Round (“Effective Date”), by Athlon or its agent, the judge of the Game, whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified by overnight mail and/or email, at Athlon’s discretion, on or about fourteen (14) business days following the Effective Date (“Notification”) and must respond to the Notification within ten (10) days of the date sent or his/her prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Athlon is not responsible for any change in an participant’s mailing address, email address and/or telephone number The complete identification of all Winners will be posted on the “STANDINGS” page contained on the Site and will be available for viewing on or about the Effective Date or may be viewed by emailing email@example.com. Such names may also be acquired by sending a written request in a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Athlon Sports Communications, Inc., 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville, Tennessee 37214, Attn: Experts Club Administration (residents of Vermont may omit postage). Winners must provide positive identification in such form as is specified by Athlon to claim a prize. Return of any Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of Player and selection of an alternate Winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winning and claiming a prize is contingent upon Winner’s provision of all information requested by Sponsor, in the Notification or otherwise, subject to applicable law, and upon Winner eligibility, validation and verification, as determined by Athlon. All prizes must be redeemed by each Winner no later than thirty (30) days following Athlon’s confirmation of Notification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Player or Winner, the individual who was, at the time of Registration, as determined by Athlon, the documented registered holder of the email account used in connection with Registration for the Game will be deemed the eligible Player or Winner, as applicable. It is the sole responsibility of the Player to notify Athlon during the Game Period if his/her email address or any other contact information changes. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed above in paragraph 4. Athlon reserves the right to substitute any prize with either the cash value of such prize or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, in the event any stated prize becomes unavailable. If the initially selected Winner cannot be contacted within the specified time period, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. For purposes of this Game, the alternate winner, if necessary, will be the Player with the next highest score immediately following that of the disqualified Player, as determined by and set forth in these Official Rules. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Athlon and its designees to use of Winner’s name, likeness, statements, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without notice, further payment, consideration, credit, or right of approval or review (except where void or prohibited by law). Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and return it within ten (10) days of Athlon’s request (except where void or prohibited by law). In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed above in paragraph 4. Athlon reserves the right to substitute any prize with either the cash value of such prize or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, in the event any stated prize becomes unavailable.
7. TERMINATION OR DISQUALIFICATION: To cancel any Player’s participation in the Game, Player must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that his/her registration be terminated (“Notice of Termination”). Player’s Registration will be deemed terminated as of the date and time of Athlon’s receipt of the Notice of Termination as reflected by Athlon’s e-mail server (“Termination”). Upon Termination, Player may not participate in the Game and any points accrued by Player will be forfeited. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/game subscription, notification, entry or like sites or service that offers Game entry services "on behalf of" Player) is strictly prohibited and any Player using or suspected of using such methods may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, access providers, equipment, or software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received for any reason, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any other technical problems related to website entries or any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to a Player's or any other person's computer. Persons found tampering with, hacking, illegally registering for or abusing any aspect of the Game will be immediately disqualified, in Athlon’s sole discretion. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Athlon will immediately terminate that Player’s participation in the Game and future games or contests by Athlon and Player will be ineligible to win or collect any prizes and must return any previously received prizes awarded in connection with the Game upon Athlon’s request. Players further acknowledge that the forfeiture of prize(s) and/or return of any prize(s) shall in no way prevent Athlon from pursuing any remedies legally available in connection with such conduct. Any violation set out in this paragraph or other attempt to damage any website of Athlon, or tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, is a violation of these Official Rules, as well as any and all applicable criminal and civil laws. Athlon reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any Players or individuals acting in concert with any Player to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event any portion of this Game is compromised by any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Athlon, which, in the sole opinion of Athlon, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Game, Athlon reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Game and the Game Winners will be determined from among all eligible Players and entries received, and based upon the applicable scores for such Players as of the date of the applicable action.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION: Athlon reserves the right to modify the Official Rules at any time for the purposes of clarifying and effectuating how the Game should be played, how the Game will be scored, how Winners are determined, how tie-breaking procedures are applied, how unanticipated ties are resolved, and what prizes will be awarded. Any changes to the Official Rules will be reasonably made with the intention of not materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Game. In the event of inadvertent computer or operator error, the illegal or inappropriate activity of any Player or unrelated third party, the unanticipated application, failure or effect of Game mechanisms of play or individual components, software or hardware, any change in law, or force majeure events affecting the schedule(s) of registration, the accrual or calculation of points, Player entry, Rounds or entry deadlines, the determination or notification of Winners, the application of tie-breaking procedures, or the awarding of prizes, Athlon reserves the right to modify, revise, add-to, nullify or utilize only in part the stated timing, commencement or termination of any round, period, series, field, entry or game period or schedule and/or, in its sole discretion, to implement substitute rounds, periods, series, fields, entry or game periods or schedules, or portions thereof, solely for purposes of conducting the Game in a fair and reasonable manner and determining Winners on an equal basis and without unfairly disqualifying otherwise eligible Players from winning prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any and all disputes in connection with the Game will be resolved exclusively in the appropriate courts in Nashville, Tennessee. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Tennessee and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Tennessee. Each Player waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Any and all lawsuits or other disputes that arise relating to the Game must be filed within one (1) year of the last day of the Game Period. The failure of Athlon to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of the Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that part will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the remainder of the Official Rules will remain fully in force.
Presented, Produced and Administered By: Athlon Sports Communications, Inc., 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville, Tennessee 37214. © 2014 Athlon Sports Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.